Digital Analytics and Production Specialist at Mohawk College
Date posted: May 8, 2012
Career Opportunity at Mohawk College
Source image: www.mohawkcollege.ca
Our friends at Mohawk College in Hamilton are looking to add to their ranks of qualified, experienced Web and education professionals. The college is on the hunt for a Digital Analytics and Production Specialist (position number 998802). This is a full-time position with competitive pay. Please consult the following for more information on this exciting career opportunity at Mohawk College.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the incumbent provides technical support in a complex digital environment and is an expert in tracking and analyzing site traffic, coordinating search engine optimization opportunities, and providing recommendations to enhance both. The individual has experience in broadcast techniques, motion graphics integration, project management, technical and digital production, online advertising theory and practice, and web analytics. The incumbent assists the web team with the technical maintenance and support of Mohawk’s Content Management System (CMS). The individual provides support in ensuring that the College’s digital material is accessible, useable and innovative.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designs and implements Google Analytics solutions. Analyzes and interprets web analytics data to provide constructive insights to the web team related to content, navigation and usability.
- Support initiatives in the planning, implementation and analytics of digital marketing campaigns. Designs and builds custom reports to meet web analytics requirements.
- Ensures all web properties have been technically optimized using SEO practices to attract and engage Mohawk’s target audience.
- Performs keyword research, organizes and maintains keywords, and make recommendations for landing page optimization. Leads the web team in Google, Yahoo, MSN and other PPC ad set up and reporting.
- Provides support and quality control for Mohawk’s corporate website by monitoring and modifying the website to maintain its integrity and accuracy, anticipating and resolving problems.
- Researches and implements new technologies, resources and developments related to digital technology.
- Researches and recommends new technologies with forecasted and planned budget resources required to achieve.
- Provides technical maintenance, support, troubleshooting, research and user training of Mohawk’s Content Management System (CMS). Stays current with new CMS developments.
- Utilizes various scripts and programs to enhance website/pages to increase user interaction and/or provide internal stakeholders with user feedback. Will often investigate or initiate solutions where none previously existed.
- Works with the design team, provides consultation and guidance to members of the College community who have developed or are developing their own websites, with a specific focus on tracking, goals, accessibility and usability and meeting the established standard of style and presentation.
- Ensures that Mohawk’s corporate website is of the highest standard and is competitive with all post-secondary institutions by working towards higher accessibility, usability and presentation standards on all pages.
- Promotes and supports the development of web interactivity with College corporate databases and curriculum.
- Provides support for Social Networking activities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Two-year diploma/degree in web design and development, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in website design and development, including web analytics and computer scripting experience, search engine marketing/optimization, online media and digital marketing, Ad Words, and technical troubleshooting.
- Courses completed in:
- Google Tools & Analytics (e.g. Google Analytics IQ Online Course) Google Ad Words (e.g. Google Ad Words Certification Program)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS). Understands front- and back-end site management.
- Experience in writing for the web is an asset.
Please apply using only one (1) method:
All interested candidates are to submit an updated resume or College application form, referring to position # (998802). Resumes/applications can by sent by fax to 905-575-2353, or e-mailed to email@example.com. They can also be mailed to: HUMAN RESOURCES Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology P.O. Box 2034, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3T2 Mohawk College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The college is an equal opportunity employer.