Google Analytics Version 5 Now Open to Everyone
Date posted: April 28, 2011
Google has announced that the new version (version 5) of Google Analytics is now available to everyone. If your school has a Google Analytics account (and you should), you can see the new version for yourself by signing in and clicking the red “New Version” link at the top of the page. For the moment, you can switch back and forth between the old and new.
Google Analytics is trying to showcase the following new features:
- A completely redesigned, faster interface.
- Multiple dashboards—build a custom dashboard for each department (read more).
- Event Goals! Track your PDF downloads as goals with events, or configure 2 minutes play time on a video as a goal. Read Kayden’s great blog post on this feature.
- More powerful custom reports—you can pre-filter reports and build additional data views (read more).
- New Term Cloud visualization.
- A redesigned Google Analytics platform to enable major new functionality
- A streamlined interface to make it easier to get to the information you want
- Improved report performance for faster reports
Test it out for yourselves and see what you think.