The SEO Technical Audit
Date posted: January 14, 2011
Schools often assume that a Search Engine Optimization campaign can just be initiated without any information or preparation. This is a very flawed assumption. SEO is based on extensive research and analysis. Nothing is implemented or changed on a website without specific goals and measurable outcomes.
A technical audit is the first step in the SEO process for Higher Education Marketing. This audit will determine the competitive landscape and provide insight into why your higher education website is not ranking as highly as it should be. Individually tailored for each school website, an SEO technical audit can identify problem spots and provide easy to implement adjustments that can improve ranking and increase online visibility.
Higher Education Marketing’s technical audit will help:
- Enable site-specific problem solving
- Understand your website’s SEO and design needs
- Establish if your site is accessible to Google, Bing, Yahoo and other major search engines (Are these search engines indexing your pages?)
- Conduct a complete analysis of server-side issues, page naming, navigational and page structure, meta data and coding from a search engine perspective
- Build an SEO roadmap that prioritizes a list of actions items and establishes how your website will achieve its search engine goals
As you can see, a thorough technical audit is the foundation of any successful Search Engine Optimization campaign.