What is inbound?
Inbound marketing acts like a magnet to attract, engage and delight while moving prospective students into and along your enrollment funnel, with the goal to convert them into registered students. It does this by helping schools get discovered by the right target audience, without resorting to outdated and interruptive sales tactics.
- 1) Inbound starts with a strategy to create targeted content that speaks to and answers your student prospects’ basic questions and addresses their needs.
- 2) Content is then posted and shared and the process is repeated, building your asset base, and creating authority from the quality, structure, and relevance of your online content assets.
- 3) Personalization is key to helping you learn about your target audience over time, allowing you to better personalize your messages. Tailoring these to address their aspirations, interests, and concerns will build a sense of trust and openness.
Leveraging a multi-channel combination of SEO, social media posts, customized content, targeted email workflows, and analytics, schools will improve visibility in search results, engage with audiences in meaningful ways, and drive traffic back to their websites.
Why Your School Should Invest In Inbound
Search engines are the primary research tool that prospective students and parents use today to assess and compare school options. As they search online,you’ll want them to find your high-quality content such as blogs, videos, interviews, testimonials, etc. that address what they are seeking out, and you want it to be more discoverable and of higher quality than that of a competing school. This is the opportunity to convince them of the value your school offers, all before they set foot on your campus or even speak to your admissions team.
Did you know:
- » 90% of students don’t know which school to attend prior to their search
- » 86% say your school website very useful to their decision making process
- » 75% of students say social media content influences enrollment decision
Ensure that when they begin their search process, your school will be found with the right content, in front of the right audience, at the right time.
The HEM Approach
Our team of marketing experts ensure that your inbound campaign is customized specifically to your target audiences and for high visibility with search engines while elevating your brand and help your school realize a steady stream of quality inquiries.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s involved in the comprehensive HEM Inbound Marketing process: