For many prospective students, the process of finding a school begins with a search engine query. If your site isn’t ranking near the top of search engine results, then you are going unnoticed by potential applicants. That’s why you need search engine optimization (SEO).
When you team up with Higher Education Marketing, we develop a data-driven SEO strategy for you designed to increase your online visibility. From reviewing your current SEO strategy to creating on-going keyword-integrated content, we can help get you noticed by Google and by your future students.
Initial SEO Review and Recommendations for Your School
First, we review your current SEO strategy to identify your school’s strengths and weaknesses. Your SEO review is a detailed snapshot of your website’s online visibility. You’ll see what’s working and what isn’t, which gives us a blueprint for improving your SEO and maximizing your school’s visibility. Here are just a few items your review covers:
- » Page Titles: Your first and best chance at grabbing users’ attention. Our SEO review shows you if your page titles are doing that effectively.
- » Page Architecture: We assess if you are using header tags properly to make your content organized, easy to read, and search engine-friendly.
- » Content Quality: High-quality content is essential for driving users to your website. Our team analyzes the quality, relevancy, and frequency of your content creation.
- » Responsive Design: Smartphones and tablets have revolutionized the way people access the internet. We let you know how mobile-friendly your site is and how it can be improved.
- » Visual Content: Sites that use images and video rank higher in searches. With your SEO review, we assess if you’re using visual content to its fullest potential.
- » Meta Descriptions: We show you how your site’s meta descriptions are either encouraging—or discouraging—user engagement.
- » Site Speed: Fast sites keep users engaged. We analyze your site’s speed and provide recommendations for how to optimize it.
- » And more!